The Remains of the Day  

Posted by Jonathan E Johns in , , ,

Photobucket



So its now been over a week, I think, since my last entry, I really have to get a schedule down pat.

Anyway, I rushed home today, Shoveled (Literally) some very good tacos into my mouth, and listened to the news on NPR.

As I was hearing about Steve Fossetts remains being found, I was hit with an interesting idea, and thought I should share with my friend, 'I Envy Dad', but since I have not posted here in a while, and since he doesn't read e-mails from me while jet-setting in Europe....

I thought I'd share my idea here.

I absolutely mean no disrespect for Mr. Fossett, he was a rich man, and an adventurer, and I have a lot of respect for him, even a little more than that guy from Virgin, who is a little freakish to me.

My thoughts came when I thought about hiking in the woods, and coming across the bones. What if...

If you were hiking in the woods and came across the remains of a hiker, or pilot or something, and found a hurriedly written note which lays out detailed plans. Plans that include access and passwords to a blind bank account in the Grand Caymen islands, or Switzerland, and instructions to perform some duties in order to recover the funds being offered. In effect, “If you find my remains, you can have a bunch of money, if you lie, and cover up the truth about what you find here.”

It would be an interesting short story, filled with mystery, and lots of time constraints, and some hapless hiker as the victim of a multi-million dollar scheme hatched years before by an eccentric billionaire.

Anyway, that was my idea, after I thought of that, the Tacos started to have the desired effect, and the long day at work started to catch up with me, and I had to write this before I lost all energy.

There ya go.

This entry was posted on Monday, November 3, 2008 at 7:09 PM and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

2 comments

awesome idea. you'd have to be careful, tho--burn after reading and bourne have already flirted with your idea. a suspense film with a unique twist, tho, would be teh awesome.

btw, what desired effect did you have for the tacos? never mind...

November 5, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Desired Effect of Tacos? Not what your warped mind would come up with... I meant completely fulfilled appetite. Kind like after a big turkey dinner... The blissful High of a full tummy.

November 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Post a Comment